Friday, November 2, 2007

Still sleepless in Sydney...

After several sleepless nights in Singapore, it probably wasn't my smartest ever move to spend the entire flight from Singapore to Sydney drinking red wine and chatting with my row-mates... the in-seat entertainment system was faulty in our row though. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

The most challenging part of the trip was trying to appear sober when passing through immigration and customs when we arrived at about 6am - oops - hic...

On arrival at my hotel in Darling Harbour at approx 7am -surprisingly enough, my room wasn't ready, so I promptly fell asleep in the hotel lobby - my first decent sleep in days!

My time in Sydney was fairly uneventful - really just a quick stop to plan out the rest of my trip, knowing that I'm coming back to Sydney at the end of my Oz stop. I picked up an Australian mobile phone +61 (0) 415 119 616.

Thanks to Craig and Anthea for some great info and suggestions on what to do with my time in Oz - my tentative plan is Surfers Paradise, Brisbane, Fraser Island, Airlie Beach (Whitsundays), Great Barrier Reef and then back South (not sure on exact route yet).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.