Thursday, October 11, 2007

European Vacation...

OK - so how American have I become... when I rent a car in Spain - only to be shocked that it's as small as a rollerskate and has a manual transmission.... doh!

My last couple of weeks have been spent relaxing in Spain with my folks and taking a quick trip to Belgium to catch up with my good friends Marij, David and Samuel. Having spent most of the time relaxing I have very little to report - highlights included:

  • My folks picking me up at the airport and seeing the Jeep in its new home in Spain - it fits in pretty nicely - after completing its transatlantic crossing at the beginning of the Summer!
  • Buying a great pair of jeans for 12euro - ~$15 - I know Amanda will not approve ;)
  • Preparing and painting all of the garden walls at my folks' villa - including trying to put my spanish to use buying the paint, brushes, filler etc - all of which is not generally contained in the basic spanish class vocab!
  • Having several 'menu del dia' lunches for 10euro or less - including 3 courses, drinks and coffee - what a bargain.
  • Working out a running trail through the local rambla and learning all the 'interesting' words to the rap music on my ipod courtesy of Jenny - and then accidentally singing them in company!
  • Creating my own 'tri-althon' - running, swimming and the hot-tub!
  • England beating Australia in the Rugby Word Cup quarter finals - I wish I'd had a bet on that one!
  • Meeting Samuel who is 3 now and was only a few weeks old when I last saw him. He is a great little guy. I was a little worried about how I would communicate with him since he speaks Dutch and French - but it was no problem - he quickly corrected me when I was making the wrong noise to imitate his toy frog - 'ribbitt, ribbitt"!
  • A quick shopping trip to Antwerp and the next day just catching my flight in Brussels after getting a little caught up in all the new airport shops... (i think there's a pattern here)

Next it's on to Singapore for a few days ... I hear it's a shopper's paradise...I can hear my amex card squeaking already :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to seek out this web-site.I wanted to thanks on your time for this excellent read!! I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. [url=http://tutledy.ru/muzhchina-telets.html]мужчина телец[/url]